Erickson Financial Services, Inc. &
Emmett J. King, LLC
Colorado Health Insurance Broker
HumanaOne offers several affordable standalone dental insurance options. The Preventive Plus plan provides 100% coverage for all preventive dentistry, while offering deep discounts for other dental services. The Loyalty Plus Plan offers immediate coverage, even for major dental work. If you are looking for a dental insurance plan with no waiting period, the Loyalty Plus Plan is a good choice.
Colorado Dental Insurance Plans
Erickson Financial Services, Inc. offers a large selection of standalone Colorado Dental Insurance plans. Click on a logo to view plans and rates.
If you have any questions regarding our Colorado Dental Insurance plans or would like more information, please contact us:
Anthem's Colorado Prime Dental Insurance Plan for Individuals and Families is a great choice if you’re looking to save money. With three options, you can choose from a plan that covers only the basics (like cleanings) to plans that cover more in-depth services.
Take advantage of the group purchasing power of Delta Dental while using any dentist in the largest dentist network, nationwide. The Classic and Traditional plans are similar to group dental coverage, while the Clear Plan offers a fixed fee for each dental service with no waiting periods.
Standalone Colorado Dental Insurance Plans for Individuals and Families.
Healthy Teeth, Healthy Life!
The UnitedHealthOne Dental Value and Dental Premier Plans offer traditional dental insurance coverage at a reasonable rate. You'll get the most for your money when you use a UnitedHealthOne PPO Dentist. Choose the Premier plan if your dentist does not participate with the UnitedHealthOne PPO network.
Ameritas Dental Insurance
Ameritas offers three robust dental plans to choose from, with annual maximum benefits up to $1500/year. If you've maintained continuous coverage, Ameritas Dental will credit your waiting period based on the length of time of your prior coverage!
This dental insurance plan allows you to use any dentist of your choice. No waiting period. Coverage for Basic dentistry is paid at 50% of the coverage amount in the first year & 100% of the coverage amount thereafter. There is a 180 day waiting period for Major dentistry coverage, then 50% of the covered amount in Yr 1, 100% of coverage amount in Yr 2.
The Alpha Dental Plan offers two different products (Network Only or Dental Insurance). The dental insurance plan allows you to see any dentist. It is a progressive plan with the most coverage in year three of enrollment. There is no waiting, adult dental implants are covered, Child orthodontia is offered, and benefits can be covered up to a $3K max. depending on plan selected.
Discount Dental vs. Dental Insurance
Before you purchase a dental plan, it is imperative that you understand the difference between a discount dental plan and a dental insurance plan.
Discount Dental Plan
A discount dental plan is a plan that provides discounted services to you when you use a participating dental provider. Discount dental plans contract with specific dental providers, and it is very important that you use a dentist that participates in the network in order to receive discounted services. Take a moment to Search for a Dentist in Your Area.
The key advantage of dental discount plans, unlike dental insurance plans, is that they typically have no waiting periods. There are several more advantages including:
Discount Dental Plan Pros:
- No limits to the discounts you can receive in a calendar year
- Provide substantial discounts for major dental services when performed by a participating GENERAL Dentist
- No claims to file or paperwork to fill out.
Discount Dental Plan Cons:
- It may be difficult to find a plan that your favorite dentist participates with.
- In some cases, out of pocket costs may be higher than with a dental insurace plan.
- Participating dental specialists such as endodontists and orthodontits only discount approx. 20% off the regular cost. The deepest discounts are obtained only when you use a participating GENERAL dentist.
- Direct Dental Plans of America
If you or your child is in need of braces, and you do not have dental insurance that includes coverage for orthodontia, a discount dental plan may be the best way to obtain reduced pricing on braces.
Before purchasing a discount dental plan, you can review a schedule of benefits to find out how much you can save on a particular dental service.
Colorado Dental Insurance
Dental insurance is different than a discount dental plan. With dental insurance, you get the benefit of the network discounts, like you do with a dental discount plan, PLUS you get insurance coverage on top of the discounted rates
Dental Insurance Pros:
- 100% coverage for preventive services
- 50% to 80% coverage for basic services, such as fillings
- 50% to 60% coverage for major services, such as crowns or root canals.
- More participating dentists
Dental Insurance Cons:
- Waiting periods. The waiting period is almost always waived for preventive services. The purpose of the waiting period is to prevent people from purchasing the insurance only at the time it is needed and then cancelling the coverage after the service is complete.
- There could be a deductible before coverage kicks in.
Colorado dental Insurance coverage is limited by an "annual maximum" amount, from $1000 to $1500 per year for personal dental plans. If you exceed your maximum amount of coverage in a calendar year, you will still benefit from discounted services when you use a network dentist.
Plans that offer coverage outside of a network are called "Indemnity" plans. With Indemnity plans, you may use the dentist of your choice and still receive coverage, even if that dentist is not networked with your dental plan. There are basically two types of "indemnity" plans:
- Plans that will pay up to the allowed amount for a networked PPO dentist. The non-networked dentist will likely balance bill you for any "excess charges".
- Plans that pay based on a Percentile of Usual and Customary (UCR). For example, plans that pay at 90% of UCR, means that the plan pays at or better than the amount charged by 90% of the dentists in your geographic area.
Child Dental Insurance for Low-Income Families
If you cannot afford dental insurance or dental care for your child, you may qualify for coverage through CHP Plus, Colorado's State Health Insurance Plan (SCHIP) for children. visit www.cchp.org for more information.
-Orthodontia treatment available
-Waiting period waived with proof of continuous prior coverage
-Available on a child-only basis
-Uses myCigna Dental PPO Network
-Plans available on a standalone basis beginning 1/1/2014.