Erickson Financial Services, Inc. &
Emmett J. King, LLC
Colorado Health Insurance Broker & Group Benefits Adviser
The Alpha Dental Plan is a discount dental plan in Colorado offering deep discounts for dental services ranging from Preventive to Major, including orthodontia. The price starts at $14.25/mo, and there is a 10% discount when you pay annually.
If you are in the market for dental care and need low cost dental care with no waiting period, you'll need to consider a Discount Dental or Dental Savings Plan. Dental Savings Plans provide immediate discounts when you use a participating general dentist. The savings can be substantial. Dental Savings Plans are not Dental Insurance. However, Dental Savings Plans can provide heavily discounted dental care with no waiting period and a low monthly membership rate. We provide a variety of plans to our clients. Click a Logo below for more details.
CareDP offers several different discount dental plans to choose from. Some plans have more providers, while others have deeper discounts. Compare plans and fee schedules to find the one that is best for you. The prices start at $9.95/mo. Family discounts offer the best value.
Direct Dental Plans of America
DDP was founded in 1995 to help consumers afford quality dental care. They contract with various different dental providers to offer quality care at significantly reduced prices. Prices start at $9.80/mo.
Dental Plans is perhaps the best website to compare all discount dental plans available in the marketplace. Search by your dentist's name to find out if he/or she accepts any discount dental plans, then compare plans to determine which one offers the best discounts for the dental services you need. From time to time we will offer promotional discounts for DentalPlans products. Watch for promos around holidays and back to school time.
Dental Insurance Vs. Discount Dental
Dental Insurance Advantages
- Large networks of participating providers
- Some plans allow you to see any dentist of your choice.
- Diagnostic and preventive care is typically covered at 100%.
- No waiting period for diagnostic and preventive care
- After waiting periods have been satisfied, a dental insurance plan may provide you with greater savings on basic and major procedures, such as fillings, crowns and root canals, especially when you use a participating provider.
- Dental insurance may cover more procedures than a discount dental plan.
- Coverage applies to both General Dentists and Specialists, such as Endodontists and Periodontists.
Dental Insurance Disdvantages
- Dental insurance plans are typically more expensive than discount dental plans.
- Dental insurance plans will typically impose a 6-month waiting period for basic services, such as fillings and extractions, and a 12-month waiting period for major services, such as crowns, root canals and dentures.
- Claims forms must be filed either by the dentist or the insured in order to receive benefits.
Discount Dental Advantages
- Discount dental plans do not impose any waiting periods for discounted services that appear on the fee schedule.
- Discount dental plans tend to be less expensive than dental insurance plans.
- Discount dental plans offer deep discounts for specific services that appear on the fee schedule when you use a participating general dentist.
- There are no deductibles that need to be satisfied with discount dental plans.
- Discount dental plans do not require any claim forms to be filed.
- Discounts are applied at the point of service.
Discount Dental Disadvantages
- Discount dental plans only provide deep discounts when you use a participating general dentist. Discount dental networks of participating providers are typically smaller than dental insurance networks.
- Discount dental plans do not always discount every type of dental procedure.
- Unlike dental insurance, discount dental plans typically do not "cover" 100% of diagnostic and preventive care.
- Participating specialists, such as Endodontists and Periodontists do not abide by the fee schedule. The maximum discount you will receive from a participating specialist is 20%.